So, today . . . well, here's what I did:
- kvetched with some co-workers over the professor of our grad class getting fired
- previewed the on-line taping of the class that we are being merged with and panicking
- created a game design document for Knitting Ninja (yup . . . I'm designing a game based on knitting; you'll wish you thought of it first - or that I didn't have my head examined when multiple people suggested it)
- called a bajillion and one parents about failing grades; fine . . . I called ten parents
- laughed at my mother and my sister in our repeated attempts to get a video chat going. Note to self: it's your new laptop, idiot
- scheduled a Genius appointment at the Apple store to correct the whole video chat issues because it really is the new laptop
- made a hot cocoa and added a generous "Dave is traveling again" amount of Bailey's
- added songs to my unofficial funeral playlist on Spotify. Not that I'm planning on kicking it any time soon, but truly I have no desire to have "Amazing Grace" or some other shitty song played. Instead, you'll be treated to "Tobacco Road" by Lou Rawls or "Zombie" by The Cranberries. Note the irony in that last one
- argued with the cat for space on the rather large couch. She wants my spot, and right now, I'm kind of afraid that she might eat me if I don't move
- talked to my sister about her son's homework, which apparently is pretty challenging for her. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt because it does sound kind of hard . . . which would be fine if he weren't in first grade
Wish me luck with tomorrow . . . I'm Skyping with my parents in class five times so that my kids can see an interview being conducted. It's either going to be the best idea I ever had or the worst . . . jury's still out on that.
PS - I'm pretty sure that you could strip to "Tobacco Road," too. Might have to start another Spotify playlist . . . "Music to Shake Your Moneymaker By" . . . suggestions?