Christmas has come and gone (and I'm a little thankful for that to tell you the truth), and now the new year - 2011 - is upon us. Most people make resolutions, things that are supposed to make them better or smarter or healthier. Me? Not so much. Sure, I plan on using the treadmill more . . . but the heater looks so nice sitting there on it. And I really plan on cooking more for Dave and me . . . but sometimes it really is cheaper to run to Panera Bread. Resolutions? Whatever. But projects? I'm your girl for a good project or two or three.
Project 333 fits the bill quite nicely. It's been about three years now that I've noticed I wear the same five or six sweaters all school year long and rotate in the same couple of pants throughout the school year. Hell, I was giddy - seriously laughing out loud - when a friend gave me a pair of jeans she didn't like because they were the same, exact pair that I loved and adored. I've read Beverly's blog for years now and was inspired by her success (she's very inspirational . . . go check her out). And so, after finding pink tank after pink tank after pink tank with the same blue, ink-like stains fresh out of the wash, I decided that something had to give. Seriously, how many pink tanks does one girl need? Apparently, five.
I pulled all of my clothing out of the closet and drawers and settled on 33 items to take me through the next three months. Here is that list:
- gray Old Navy work pants
- gray Daisy Fuentes Kohls work pants
- black Apartment 9 work pants
- black Daisy Fuentes work pants
- Mossimo jeans (the ones from my friend, Marijo)
- Old Navy jeans
- red Lane Bryant pullover sweater
- green Old Navy cable cardigan
- black Old Navy party cardi cardigan
- gray Old Navy swing cardigan
- ivory Old Navy swing cardigan
- ivory Old Navy thin pullover
- teal Old Navy cardigan
black Macy's swing cardiganblack Old Navy boat neck sweater I live in this thing on the weekends
- white Old Navy long sleeve t-shirt
- white JCPenny's long sleeve t-shirt
- black Apartment 9 Kohls wrap 3/4 shirt
- black Lane Bryant 3/4 t-shirt
- gray and black striped Old Navy t-shirt
- two white Lane Bryant camis
- hot pink Lane Bryant cami
- purple Lane Bryant cami
- black Elf Clarks
- black Mary Jane Keens
- red Ecco pumps
- UGG alikes (and they are so old that they are rank and smell of death)
- ivory Old Navy winter coat
- teal pashmina
- London pashmina
- Chamila bracelet*
- charm necklace*
- black belt
|I love them . . . but they hurt like a son of a bitch|
I am bending a few rules and only a few. Hand knit items are off the table. Period. Full stop. Anything that I happen to finish, like a sweater or socks or a sweater or a hat or a sweater, are fair game, and I'm not budging from that. Besides, if I happen to actually finish something, then I've made a dent in my ever expanding yarn stash. Also, any jewelry that Dave has given me won't be put away. There aren't many pieces (a few necklaces, two bracelets, a ring or two), but I can't choose . . . so I won't.
So, project number one is underway . . . but I'm pretty sure that there are more to come. There always are.
* My Chamilia bracelet and charm necklace have many, many charms and parts. Again, I'm okay with that.
** Title courtesy of Dave, who after learning that his new Avia sneakers were really working his calves, made me smile with this gem