Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why Not? 1:30 & 2:30

I've discovered that I love a project.  It sparks my creativity when I feel myself start to slug along.  It forces me to look for beauty every second of the day.  And lately, that's been challenging.  Work has been extremely busy.  One would think that traveling is a portal for new beauty, but one would not be a veteran of the road.  When I'm really busy with travel, I have one mission: get home as fast as possible.  Don't look to the left or right.  Don't gaggle or get lost on purpose.  Get home & take care of that place.  Finding & taking pictures for the 365 was getting boring & robotic.  I needed a kick in the ass & that's just what 30 Days/Gratitude '10 provides.  "Thank you can I have another," is what I'll be screaming all November.

The purpose of the project is to focus on your own gratitude.  To cultivate that attitude all year long.  Reading a few entries, I've been moved & even shed a tear.  I know I will have those moments with my own photos & words.  But I also know that every single entry will not have that heart wrenching emotion.  Sometimes I'm extremely grateful for a morning where I know that I'll get to take a nap in the afternoon.  Or one day, I'll be thrilled that I start my period (sometimes I'm afraid the big Cut didn't work).  Some days I'll be grateful that I didn't lose my shit on my loved ones.  But most days I hope that I'm grateful for the good that is showered on my life.

1:30 {When they sit & work together}

2:30 {Not having to cook dinner}


-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment